"Fending" Example Sentences
1. She was fending off the attacker with her pepper spray.
2. The young boy was fending for himself on the streets.
3. The goalkeeper did a great job fending off the opposing team's shots.
4. The squirrel was fending off the birds who were trying to steal his nuts.
5. The mother bear was fending for her cubs in the wilderness.
6. The knight was fending off the dragon with his sword.
7. The swimmer was fending off the cold with his wetsuit.
8. The basketball player was fending off his opponent to get to the hoop.
9. The farmer was fending off the crows from stealing his crops.
10. The ship captain was fending off the pirates with his crew.
11. The boxer was fending off his opponent's punches with his gloves.
12. The hiker was fending off the mosquitoes with bug spray.
13. The cat was fending off the dog with his claws.
14. The soldier was fending off the enemy troops with his rifle.
15. The firefighter was fending off the flames with his hose.
16. The chef was fending off the food critics with his delicious dishes.
17. The bicycle rider was fending off the rain with his raincoat.
18. The lawyer was fending off the opposing counsel's arguments in court.
19. The doctor was fending off the viruses with his medical expertise.
20. The teacher was fending off the misbehaving students in the classroom.
21. The politician was fending off the media's tough questions during the interview.
22. The musician was fending off stage fright during his performance.
23. The actor was fending off criticism of his latest movie role.
24. The athlete was fending off injuries to stay in the game.
25. The artist was fending off distractions to focus on his painting.
26. The student was fending off sleep during the lecture.
27. The entrepreneur was fending off competition in the market.
28. The writer was fending off writer's block to finish his novel.
29. The traveler was fending off homesickness while abroad.
30. The parent was fending off the tantrums of his child.
off attacks from the enemy;
for oneself in a new city;
off unwanted attention from a stranger;
off questions about a personal matter;
off criticism from coworkers or friends;
off distractions while studying or working;
off boredom during a long journey;
off hunger with a small snack;
off sleep during an important meeting;
off negativity and staying positive.