Related (10): Stickers, tags, brands, tickets, markers, badges, decals, signs, emblems, inscriptions
[ˈlābəl] ✕ Play
labels (plural noun)
- a small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it:
- a piece of fabric sewn inside a garment and bearing the brand name, size, or instructions for care:
- the piece of paper in the center of a record giving the artist and title.
- a company that produces recorded music:
- the name or trademark of a fashion company:
- a classifying phrase or name applied to a person or thing, especially one that is inaccurate or restrictive:
- (in a dictionary entry) a word or words used to specify the subject area, register, or geographical origin of the word being defined:
- a string of characters used to refer to a particular instruction in a program.
- a radioactive isotope, fluorescent dye, or enzyme used to make something identifiable for study:
- a narrow horizontal strip, typically with three downward projections, that is superimposed on a coat of arms by an eldest son during the life of his father.
- another term for dripstone
- attach a label to (something):
- assign to a category, especially inaccurately or restrictively:
Synonymstag, ticket, tab, sticker, marker, docket, chit, flag, stamp, document, documentation, brand, trademark, line, make, logo, designation, denomination, description, characterization, identification, tag, name, epithet, nickname, title, sobriquet, byname, appellation, cognomen, dripstone, tag, tab, ticket, stamp, mark, docket, flag, categorize, classify, class, characterize, describe, designate, identify, mark, stamp, pronounce, brand, condemn, pigeonhole, stereotype, typecast, compartmentalize, typify, call, name, term, dub, nickname
"Labels" Example Sentences
Common Phases1. "Can you help me find the label for this item?; "
2. "I always check the label before making a purchase; "
3. "The label on this package is illegible; "
4. "I need to print new labels for the products; "
5. "The label on this bottle has important warnings; "
6. "The label says that this product is gluten-free; "
7. "I often cut out labels and save them for future reference; "
8. "The label indicates that this shirt is made of 100% cotton; "
9. "I prefer products with eco-friendly labels; "
10. "The label is peeling off and needs to be replaced."