Related (7): exertions, toilings, efforts, struggles, endeavors, grindings, drudgeries
[ˈlāb(ə)riNG] ✕ Play
labouring (adjective) · laboring (adjective)
- working at an unskilled manual occupation:
- working or moving with difficulty:
- (of a ship) rolling or pitching heavily:
- (of a woman) in labor; in the process of giving birth:
[ˈlābər] ✕ Play
laboring (present participle)
- work hard; make great effort:
- work at an unskilled manual occupation:
- till (the ground):
- have difficulty in doing something despite working hard:
- move or proceed with difficulty:
- (of an engine) work noisily and with difficulty:
- (of a ship) roll or pitch heavily:
- (of a woman in childbirth) be in labor:
Synonymstoil, struggle, strive, overwork, drudge, travail, moil, rest, relax, laze, strive, struggle, endeavor, work, fight, push, lurch, plunge, roll, reel, sway, rock, flounder, keel, list, wallow, pitchpole
"Laborings" Example Sentences
Common Phases1. The laborings of the committee were evident; they had been working tirelessly to produce a solution.
2. Despite the laborings of the construction crew, the project was behind schedule.
3. The laborings of the nurse were heroic; she had worked a double shift and still had a smile on her face.
4. The laborings of the artist paid off in the end; their masterpiece was well-received by critics.
5. The laborings of the farmer were never-ending; there was always work to be done on the land.
6. The laborings of the athlete were intense; they trained for hours every day to reach their goals.
7. The laborings of the scientist led to a breakthrough discovery; their hard work had finally paid off.
8. The laborings of the chef were apparent in the delicious meal they had prepared.
9. The laborings of the soldier were necessary for the safety of the country.
10. The laborings of the writer resulted in a bestselling novel; they had poured their heart and soul into the work.
› Laborings [ˈlābər] ✕ Play
› Fetters [ˈfedər] ✕ Play
› Cutesy [ˈkyo͞otsē] ✕ Play
› Manacles [ˈmanəkəl] ✕ Play
› Schmaltzy [ˈSHmôltsē, ˈSHmältsē] ✕ Play
› Backorder [ˈbak ˌôrdər] ✕ Play
› Gloriouser [ˈɡlôrēəs] ✕ Play
› Weaponized [ˈwepəˌnīz] ✕ Play
› Mushy [ˈməSHē] ✕ Play
› Smallest [smôl] ✕ Play
› Trashy [ˈtraSHē] ✕ Play
› Commonality [ˌkäməˈnalədē] ✕ Play
› Unmercifulness [ˌənˈmərsəf(ə)l] ✕ Play
› Photography [fəˈtäɡrəfē] ✕ Play
› Lifestyle [ˈlīfˌstīl] ✕ Play
› Undulate [undulate] ✕ Play
› Drippy [ˈdripē] ✕ Play
› Paralyzes [ˈperəˌlīz] ✕ Play
› Dongle [ˈdäNGɡəl] ✕ Play
› Ibf [IBF] ✕ Play
› Ratified [ˈradəˌfī] ✕ Play
› Disavow [ˌdisəˈvou] ✕ Play