Related (10): heterogeneous, varied, diverse, assorted, mixed, eclectic, patchwork, disparate, multifaceted, miscellaneous
[ˈmätlē] ✕ Play
motley (adjective) · motlier (comparative adjective) · motliest (superlative adjective)
- incongruously varied in appearance or character; disparate:
- an incongruous mixture:
- the particolored costume of a jester:
Synonymsmiscellaneous, disparate, diverse, assorted, sundry, varied, mixed, diversified, heterogeneous, homogeneous, uniform, mixture, assortment, collection, selection, assemblage, medley, miscellany, melange, mix, variety, patchwork, pastiche, blend, smorgasbord, ragbag, hotchpotch, hodgepodge, mishmash, jumble, farrago, gallimaufry, olio, salmagundi, pasticcio, Feedback, Legal
"Motley" Example Sentences
1. The merry guests formed a motley crew.
2. The motley crowd gathered on the street corner.
3. The circus performers wore motley costumes.
4. The team consisted of a motley group of misfits and outcasts.
5. The motley gathering included beggars, monks, and merchants.
6. The boy's motley collection of stuffed animals lined the shelves.
7. The motley assortment of clothing lay strewn across the floor.
8. The parade featured jugglers, clowns, and performers in motley costumes.
9. The motley collection of rocks filled the jar.
10. The audience was a motley mixture of students, professors, and locals.
11. The tramps formed a motley horde outside the mission doors.
12. The motley group of revelers roamed the streets at night.
13. The motley army marched off to battle.
14. The motley group of dogs barked and howled together.
15. The motley set of tools lay scattered across the garage floor.
16. The motley band of musicians tuned their instruments.
17. The motley mix of items filled the attic shelves.
18. The carnival featured performers in colorful and motley costumes.
19. The motley assortment of dishes filled the cupboards.
20. The parade featured performers decked out in motley costumes.
21. The motley horde of loud children swarmed through the playground.
22. Her motley stash of treasures filled the tattered chest.
23. A motley mixture of people filled the small room.
24. The motley horde of fans screamed and shouted for their idols.
25. The motley crew of pirates embarked on their latest voyage.
26. The motley bunch of characters marched into the tavern.
27. The motley crowd gathered for the annual street fair.
28. The motley supporters cheered wildly for their team.
29. The motley carnival performers gathered outside the big tent.
30. The fans formed a motley collection of teams and clubs.
31. The models wore an eclectic and motley array of fashions.
32. A motley collection of junk filled the garage.
33. The motley assortment of utensils filled the drawer.
34. The performers included jugglers, acrobats and dancers in motley costumes.
35. The motley pile of debris lay strewn across the yard.
36. The rioters formed a motley mob outside city hall.
37. The motley horde of revelers took to the dance floor.
38. The motley set of tax forms filled the shoebox.
39. The motley band of misfits set out on their quest.
40. The motley assortment of trinkets filled the old trunk.
41. The motley crew of thieves planned their latest heist.
42. The garden featured a motley mixture of colorful flowers.
43. The crowd consisted of a motley combination of city folk.
44. The motley rabble marched down the street.
45. The motley mix of diners filled the restaurant.
46. The motley selection of books lined the bookshelves.
47. The actors in motley costumes performed before the king.
48. The motley bunch of students gathered for the class photo.
49. The motley herd of animals lived in the ramshackle zoo.
50. The motley mix of old plates filled the cupboard.
51. A motley combination of friends sat around the table.
52. The performers appeared on stage in motley garb.
53. The motley menagerie of pets roamed the house.
54. The motley bunch of revelers descended on the pub.
55. The motley array of personal effects filled the boxes.
56. The motley collection of bric-a-brac decorated the shelves.
57. The motley ragtag group of pilgrims set out on the dusty trail.
58. The motley crowd of fans swarmed the stage.
59. The motley group of travelers gathered in the old inn.
60. The motley array of items cluttered the desk drawer.
› Motley [ˈmätlē] ✕ Play
› Aureus [ˈôrēəs] ✕ Play
› Facts [fak(t)] ✕ Play
› Sting [stiNG] ✕ Play
› Organisms [ˈôrɡəˌnizəm] ✕ Play
› Nun [nən] ✕ Play
› Eldership [ˈlēdərˌSHip] ✕ Play
› Prickn [ˈprizn] ✕ Play
› Sparging [spärj] ✕ Play
› Allottees [ˌaləˈtē, əˌläˈtē] ✕ Play
› Objectless [object] ✕ Play
› Ignominious [ˌiɡnəˈminēəs] ✕ Play
› Manumitter [ˌmanyəˈmit] ✕ Play
› Convent [ˈkänˌvent] ✕ Play
› Timer [ˈtīmər]
› Chilblain [ˈCHilˌblān] ✕ Play
› Cryptic [ˈkriptik] ✕ Play
› Labyrinth [ˈlab(ə)ˌrinTH]
› Prune [pro͞on] ✕ Play
› Cooperatively [kōˈäp(ə)rədəvlē, kōˈäpəˌrādəvlē] ✕ Play
› Thermostats [ˈTHərməˌstat] ✕ Play