"Imipramine" Example Sentences
1. Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant that is used to treat depression.
2. My doctor prescribed imipramine because I have been experiencing symptoms of depression.
3. Imipramine is also used to treat nocturnal enuresis, or bedwetting in children over the age of 6.
4. One of the most common side effects of imipramine is dry mouth.
5. Imipramine works by increasing the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
6. If you are taking imipramine, it is important to avoid alcohol and other sedatives.
7. Some people may experience drowsiness or dizziness when taking imipramine.
8. Imipramine should not be taken by anyone who is allergic to it or has a history of seizures.
9. It is important to follow your doctor's instructions carefully when taking imipramine.
10. Some people may experience weight gain when taking imipramine.
11. Imipramine should not be discontinued suddenly and should be tapered off slowly to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
12. Imipramine may interact with other medications, so it is important to inform your doctor of all the drugs you are taking.
13. People with glaucoma or urinary retention should use caution when taking imipramine.
14. One of the benefits of imipramine is that it can also help reduce anxiety.
15. Imipramine should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women unless approved by a doctor.
16. It is not recommended to drive or operate machinery while taking imipramine.
17. Imipramine can cause changes in heart rhythm in some people, particularly those with preexisting heart conditions.
18. If you miss a dose of imipramine, take it as soon as you remember, unless it is close to the time for your next dose.
19. It is generally recommended to take imipramine with food to help prevent stomach upset.
20. Imipramine has been found to be effective in treating panic attacks and phobias.
21. When taking imipramine, it is important to have regular check-ins with your doctor to monitor your progress and any potential side effects.
22. Imipramine may also be used to treat chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia or neuropathic pain.
23. People with liver or kidney disease should use caution when taking imipramine.
24. Imipramine can cause photosensitivity in some people, so it is important to wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
25. When starting imipramine, it is common to experience some mild side effects such as headache or nausea.
26. Imipramine can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior, particularly in children and young adults.
27. If you experience any unusual side effects while taking imipramine, such as difficulty breathing or chest pain, seek medical attention immediately.
28. Imipramine may decrease the effectiveness of some medications, such as birth control pills.
29. People with a history of seizures or epilepsy should use caution when taking imipramine.
30. Imipramine should be stored at room temperature and kept away from heat and moisture.
is a tricyclic antidepressant medication;
works by increasing levels of certain chemicals in the brain;
is used to treat depression, anxiety, and panic disorders;
may also be used to prevent bedwetting in children;
5. Common side effects of imipramine
include dry mouth, dizziness, and constipation;
should not be taken with certain medications, including MAO inhibitors;
7. It is important to follow the dosage instructions provided by your healthcare provider when taking imipramine
may take several weeks to have an effect, so it is important to be patient and continue taking it as prescribed;
9. If you experience severe side effects or have any concerns about taking imipramine
, talk to your healthcare provider.