Related (5): tediousness, arduousness, painstakingsness, difficulty, hardship
[ləˈbôrēəsnəs] ✕ Play
- noun form of laborious
[ləˈbôrēəs] ✕ Play
- (especially of a task, process, or journey) requiring considerable effort and time:
- (of speech or writing style) showing obvious signs of effort and lacking in fluency:
Synonymslaborious, arduous, hard, heavy, difficult, strenuous, grueling, murderous, punishing, exacting, tough, formidable, onerous, burdensome, trying, uphill, relentless, stiff, challenging, Herculean, tiring, fatiguing, exhausting, wearying, wearing, taxing, enervating, demanding, wearisome, tedious, boring, irksome, toilsome, exigent, easy, simple, labored, strained, forced, contrived, affected, studied, stiff, stilted, unnatural, artificial, overdone, overwrought, heavy, ponderous, convoluted, elaborate, overelaborate, intricate, ornate, prolix, effortless, natural
"Laboriousness" Example Sentences
Common Phases1. The laboriousness of the task was overwhelming; every step felt like a struggle.
2. Despite the laboriousness involved, she persisted with her project until its completion.
3. The laboriousness of the process was a necessary evil; there was no shortcut to success.
4. His work ethic was driven by an innate laboriousness; he never shied away from a difficult assignment.
5. The sheer laboriousness of the job required a team effort; everyone had to pitch in to get it done.
6. The laboriousness of the training regimen was exhausting; but it would pay dividends in the long run.
7. She found little satisfaction in the laboriousness of the routine; but it was a means to an end.
8. The laboriousness of the inspection process was necessary to ensure the quality of the product.
› Laboriousness [ləˈbôrēəs] ✕ Play
› Uncommonly [ˌənˈkämənlē] ✕ Play
› Nawab [nəˈwôb, nəˈwäb] ✕ Play
› Menses [ˈmensēz] ✕ Play
› Unblinking [ˌənˈbliNGkiNG] ✕ Play
› Cycloplegia [ˌsīklōˈplēj(ē)ə, ˌsiklōˈplēj(ē)ə] ✕ Play
› Lichmiddle [ɡliCH]
› Ieper [ˈyāpər] ✕ Play
› Breaches [brēCH]
› Exultant [iɡˈzəltnt, eɡˈzəltnt] ✕ Play
› Hermitically [hərˈmedək(ə)lē] ✕ Play
› Assemblee [əˈsemb(ə)l] ✕ Play
› Datums [ˈdādəm, ˈdadəm]
› Guy [ɡī] ✕ Play
› Scudding [skəd] ✕ Play
› Pimple [ˈpimp(ə)l] ✕ Play
› Inhalers [inˈhālər]
› Grout [ɡrout] ✕ Play
› Attractions [əˈtrakSHən] ✕ Play
› Demurelyin [dəˈmyo͝or] ✕ Play
› Cyst [sist] ✕ Play
› Feedstuffs [ˈfēdˌstəf] ✕ Play