Related (16): maze, complex, convoluted, intricate, bewildering, perplexing, enigmatic, confusing, meandering, snaking, circuitous, tangle, web, network, spiral, twisty.
[ˈlab(ə)ˌrinTHēən, -ˈrinTHiən] ✕ Play
- adjective form of labyrinth
[ˈlab(ə)ˌrinTH] ✕ Play
labyrinth (noun) · labyrinths (plural noun) · membranous labyrinth (noun) · membranous labyrinths (plural noun) · bony labyrinth (noun) · bony labyrinths (plural noun)
- a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one's way; a maze:
- an intricate and confusing arrangement:
- a complex structure in the inner ear which contains the organs of hearing and balance. It consists of bony cavities (the bony labyrinth) filled with fluid and lined with sensitive membranes (the membranous labyrinth).
- an organ of intricate structure, in particular the accessory respiratory organs of certain fishes.
Synonymslabyrinth, maze, warren, network, complex, web, coil, entanglement, tangle, web, morass, jungle, snarl, twist, turn, complexity, confusion, complication, entanglement, convolution, intricacy, jumble, mishmash, hotchpotch, hodgepodge, perplexity
"Labyrinthian" Example Sentences
Common Phases1. "The labyrinthian hallways seemed endless;"
2. "Navigating through the labyrinthian streets was a daunting task;"
3. "The labyrinthian plot of the movie kept me on the edge of my seat;"
4. "The labyrinthian structure of the project required extensive planning;"
5. "The labyrinthian world of politics can be difficult to understand;"
6. "The labyrinthian maze was a challenge for even the most skilled navigators;"
7. "The labyrinthian tunnels beneath the city were shrouded in mystery;"
8. "The labyrinthian bureaucracy of the government can be frustrating;"
9. "The labyrinthian paths of the park made it easy to get lost;"
10. "The labyrinthian history of the ancient civilization fascinated me."