"Myopia" Example Sentences
1. Myopia is a refractive error that causes distant objects to appear blurry.
2. I was diagnosed with myopia when I was eight years old.
3. Children with myopia often have difficulty seeing the board at school.
4. Myopia can be corrected with the use of glasses or contact lenses.
5. The prevalence of myopia has been increasing globally in recent years.
6. Myopia can be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
7. People with myopia have elongated eyeballs, which affects their vision.
8. Myopia typically develops during childhood and adolescence.
9. Severe myopia can increase the risk of eye diseases such as glaucoma and cataracts.
10. Myopia affects around 30% of Americans and is more common in certain ethnic groups.
11. I always bring my glasses with me because my myopia makes it difficult to see signs on the road.
12. Myopia is often treated with corrective lenses that adjust the curvature of the eye.
13. Studies have shown that spending more time outdoors can reduce the risk of myopia in children.
14. Myopia usually stabilizes in the early twenties, but may worsen with age.
15. People with severe myopia may require refractive surgery to correct their vision.
16. The exact causes of myopia are not fully understood, but genetics are believed to play a major role.
17. Myopia is sometimes called nearsightedness because it affects the ability to see distant objects clearly.
18. Myopia can cause headaches and eye strain when the eyes are forced to constantly adjust to blurry images.
19. Some researchers believe that the increasing prevalence of myopia is due to the rise in screen time and indoor activities.
20. Glasses and contact lenses can help people with myopia see more clearly, but they do not cure the condition.
21. Early detection of myopia is important to prevent further vision problems.
22. Myopia can be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam that measures the refractive error of the eye.
23. People with myopia may experience difficulty driving at night or in low light conditions.
24. Orthokeratology is a treatment for myopia that uses special contact lenses to reshape the cornea and improve vision.
25. Myopia is more common in urban areas where people spend less time outdoors and more time doing close-up activities.
26. Eye exercises and vision therapy may help improve vision in people with myopia, but the effectiveness of these treatments is controversial.
27. Myopia can also be caused by underlying medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
28. Children of parents with myopia are more likely to develop the condition themselves.
29. Myopia can be a lifelong condition, but with proper management, it does not have to limit a person's activities or lifestyle.
30. People with myopia should have regular eye exams to monitor their vision and check for any signs of eye disease.
is a common condition affecting the eyes;
2. People with myopia
struggle to see objects clearly at a distance;
3. Nearsightedness is another term used to describe myopia
can be corrected with prescription glasses or contacts;
5. The prevalence of myopia
is increasing globally;
usually develops during childhood or adolescence;
7. Genetics play a significant role in the development of myopia
can increase the risk of developing other eye conditions;
9. Regular eye exams are important for detecting and managing myopia
10. Lifestyle factors like spending excessive time on screens can worsen myopia